‘Utopian Realism’ is an exploration of rural utopianism, idealism and industrialism in the North East of England and Mid Wales by the artists Mair Hughes and Bridget Kennedy.

Sunday 25 September 2011

A keen player




Last week I spent some time with Phil Ogg (a friend and collaborator) recording the Glass Alphabet.

This is me with Max (Phil's son), Phil told me that the Glass Alphabet had certainly made an impression on him because the other night Max brought out some wine glasses and initiated a glass jamming session.

I'm hoping to use the sounds of the glasses as a sound track for another version of the animation I made for the Blacksmith's Shop.

Mair and I are in full swing getting ready for the show at CAT at the end of October. It will be part of Powys Art Month, check out the link at the side if you want to know more about it. Our work will be opening in the WISE building at CAT on Sun October 23rd, preview: 5-7pm, usual opening hours 10am - 5:30pm.

We will also be showing some work at the Museum of Modern Art Wales (MOMA Wales) between the 26th October and the 19th November.

So back to work.....

No comments:

Post a Comment